Forum Discussion

RoseGP
User
4 months ago
Solved

Two Income Statements- how do I delete the incorrect one

My employer changed entitiies from a Trustee to a Pty Ltd company on 1st December 2022. The accountant just changed the business name and ABN of the MYOB file, rather than opening up a new MYOB file.

This has resulted in the only employee of the business receiving two income statements in their ATO portal, one from the Trustee from July to November 2022 which is coming up in the portal as Not Tax Ready, and one from the Pty Ltd Company which includes the whole financial years wages from July 2022 to June 2023. 

The accountant advised the employee that when it comes to do their tax return to just ignore the Trustee income statement however they've been advised from thier tax accountant that in needs to be fixed in MYOB otherwise the ATO will question it.

Any advise on how to fix this? We use MYOb Essentials online and I'm unaware that a back up file was made before teh entity was changed.

• Hi RoseGP,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention and I apologize for the delay in response.

I understand that you're facing an issue with two income statements due to a change in ABN. Generally, it's necessary to finalize the old ABN STP before transitioning to a new one. Given that you're using an MYOB Business file, unfortunately, there's no option to rectify this within the application.

In this situation, I would recommend manually lodging and making the necessary corrections with the ATO. I understand this may not be the ideal solution, but it's the most appropriate course of action given the circumstances.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RoseGP,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention and I apologize for the delay in response.

I understand that you're facing an issue with two income statements due to a change in ABN. Generally, it's necessary to finalize the old ABN STP before transitioning to a new one. Given that you're using an MYOB Business file, unfortunately, there's no option to rectify this within the application.

In this situation, I would recommend manually lodging and making the necessary corrections with the ATO. I understand this may not be the ideal solution, but it's the most appropriate course of action given the circumstances.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you.

Thanks,
    Genreve