Forum Discussion

NWLTS
Trusted Cover User
13 days ago

Customer paid via Myob

A customer has paid via MYOB, I can't get into the transaction to edit the payment as it has been allocated to online undeposited funds account. I am getting an error message "This transaction type can only be viewed and edited from your desktop Accountright software". I use Business not Accountright.

Can some please help me. I have emailed support as well, but given what is going on with MYOB today l thought I'd post in her as well.

2 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi NWLTS,

Thanks for your post. If you have Online Invoice Payments (OIP), they will be directed to the "Undeposited Funds." for more information, please refer to this help article.
    About undeposited funds/ Online invoice payments

And also, The error occurs because there is no prepared bank deposit in MYOB Business.  Could you please confirm if the MYOB Business you are using is a migrated files from MYOB AccountRight? Thank you! 

Looking forward to your response.
    Regards,
    Earl

NWLTS
      Trusted Cover User

HiEarl_HD 

l had the accounts set up before with no issues. Some customers have been paying using myob with no issues until the new way was rolled out recently. 

No it wasn’t migrated over from account right. 

We changed from accoutright to essentials years ago, then MYOB upgraded us to Business a few of years ago. 

l thought l set up the new accounts as per MYOBS info leading into the change of customers being able to pay via MYOB.