Forum Discussion

DAL-WA
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Invoice Activity History

Hello

Any Updates when the Invoice Activity History may work again it is an important and main feature for small business owners to know if clients have recieved the invoice!!

thank you

vickih1
    2 years ago

Hi,

I have been tearing my hair out about this but have seen when I email an invoice to a client I can un-attach the PDF before I send it...just discovered it, hope you have too. :-)

Cheers,

Vicki

16 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi DAL-WA

Thanks for your post. Currently we aren't aware of an issue with the Invoice activity history window, are you able to provide me with some more information on the issue you're experiencing so I can take a look into this for you. 

DAL-WA
      Experienced User

Hello Melisa

I moved from Accountright about 2 months ago to MYOB Essentials

The Activity History is a very useful tool. I was asured it available on MYOB Essentials but so far it has net been helpful just leading to more issues to know if the client has viewed the sales Invoice

I have 5 MYOB Essential Files that i work on 2 belong to my adults childrens business & 3 are mine business

4 of the files the activity history on states the sales invoice have been emailed no other activity but as some have been paid so we must assume they must have been received or downloaded but we are not getting this information

1 file which i work on has hit and miss. most just say emailed but have had 2 that have been viewed

regards

DAL-WA

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi DAL-WA

If the activity history shows as emailed this would indicate that the invoice has been emailed to the client/customer. However if the client/customer is opening the PDF that is attached to that email, the activity history will not update, as the PDF is a copy of the invoice and not connected to the online invoice.

The activity history field will only update when the invoice has been viewed online

pippypip
    Trusted Cover User

MYOB now attach a pdf copy to the email that is sent to the client. As a result, the receiving end no longer have to click on the view online invoice. As a result, the history isnt updated as before. I have asked for the attachment to be removed so that we can once again see if the invoice had been viewed and downloaded. i have of course, had no response and Im not expecting the current process to change. We now just hope that the customer has actully received and viewed the invoice.

vickih1
      Contributing User

Hi,

I have been tearing my hair out about this but have seen when I email an invoice to a client I can un-attach the PDF before I send it...just discovered it, hope you have too. :-)

Cheers,

Vicki

DAL-WA
      Experienced User

Hello

I agree this information was very useful to be able to view the activity of a invoice.

It was something MYOB promoted as shown in the screenshot and now is not working?

Very disappointing