Forum Discussion

MIB_accounts
Contributing User
2 months ago
Solved

Managing Job and purchase order numbers

Hi,

I currently use Google Sheet to enter all our jobs, give them a unique Job Number, enter PO Number, client, location, description, value of the PO. This is then linked to a planner for the different divisions and I can extract data for stats. I currently download MYOB Report to see which PO has been invoiced and what not, show graphs on a dashboard etc.

While it is working very well, the main table is still a spreadsheet with all its dangers and I worry when someone else uses it when I am away. 

I looking for a database where anyone in the office could enter all our jobs as per above with the security of a database so that the job info are not damaged or mixed up by a misuse of the spreadsheet (as it has happened before). But I am looking for a database that works with MYOB so that I do not have to export the sales report and other report required for my dashboards.

Is there such a thing?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Kind Regards

Laurence Elisabeth Miles

Genreve_S
    2 months ago

Hi MIB_accounts

Thank you for your input. At present, MYOB does not have the option to add those additional columns you mentioned. However, we value your feedback and encourage you to share your suggestions on the Ideas Exchange board. This is where our development team looks for future update considerations.

Regarding app integration recommendations, MYOB has a wide range of third-party apps that seamlessly integrate with our platform. You can explore these on our MYOB App Marketplace. Here, you'll find apps for various functions such as e-commerce, CRM, expense management, and more. These apps can extend the functionality of your MYOB software and might provide the additional features you're looking for.

Remember, the choice of app integration would largely depend on your specific business needs and the experience of other users in the forum could provide valuable insights.

If you need further assistance, feel free to create a new thread.

Thanks,
    Genreve

5 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MIB_accounts,

Thanks for your post. In terms of job management, MYOB offers job management software that allows you to track the financials for each of your projects in one place, including income and expenses, budgets, reports, and more. You can customize job tracking software to suit your needs. Once you’ve created a job, you can allocate relevant transactions, income, expenses, hours, and even employee pay. That means you’ll have all the information you need for a specific project in one place to easily download reports, manage budgets, and more. You may check out more information here: Prioritise profit with the accurate job management software.

However, for a more specific database solution that fits your needs, I highly recommend reaching out to our help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant. Use MOCA for immediate queries and assistance. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team. They are equipped to handle such requests and can provide you with the necessary assistance.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this.

Kind regards,

Shella

MIB_accounts
      Contributing User

Hi Shella,

I went on your link but it doesn't give enough information... it looks like I have to subcribe and try it first before assessing it useful. I would rather read a bit more about it before doing so.

I already use the "Jobs" and "Category" options in MYOB.

What I am after is the equivalent of the "inventory" option in MYOB but for Projects where I could enter a Job number specific to this job, regardless of the number of PO# associated with it, PO#, date of validity of this PO, when the job starts and finishes, description, location, budget etc and get stats from it all as it would link directly with the sales, payroll, purchases related to this job. the "Jobs" option is not enough.

Would the Job Management software do that?

Kind Regards

Laurence Elisabeth Miles

MIB Accounts

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi MIB_accounts

Thanks for your response.

I understand that you're looking to extract specific job data from the application without the use of a third-party application like Google Sheets. Currently, the application provides this data through job reports. If you're using AccountRight, there are multiple reports available that display this data, as shown in the screenshot provided. You can also find other job reports in different report tabs in the index to suit your needs.

However, if these reports do not provide the data you need, I encourage you to post this as a suggestion on our Ideas Exchange board. This is where our development team looks for user feedback and ideas for future updates.

In the meantime, if you need help with anything else or have more ideas to share, please feel free to start a new thread. We're here to assist you.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
        Genreve