Forum Discussion

firstresponse
Trusted Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

Update Contact Details

Hello, I need to update contact details, however I keep getting the error message "One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit". I have had a play around and reduced  size of  the fields however I am having no luck.

I have tried all the solutions given in previous problems and to no avail. Cleared cache, tried all browsers.

I notice that there has never been a solution. If I raise a new contact it is not a problem. Looks like it is only previous contacts before upgrade.

HELP!!!!!!

• Princess_R 

Thank you. I seem to have amended the contacts now. It is really a big issue with MYOB.

Cheers

6 Replies

• Hi firstresponse,

Thank you for your post.

I understand that this error comes up when you update contact details after ensuring that all details are correct.

To help you resolve this, there is an option to choose either a company or an individual. What we could do is shift the contact to company/individual, try removing the specific contact details causing the character limit error, and revert it back to either the company or individual categorization. After that, attempt to re-enter the information for the contact and save it again. 

If the issue persists, please feel free to let me know. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

firstresponse
      Trusted Cover User

HI Princess,

Didnt' solve the issue.

Cant even change the email address.

Cheers

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi @firstresponse,

Thank you for your response.

Please make sure to go to each category: individual and company, then remove specific contact details (first name and last name) before re-entering the information. I've also tried to reset your file on our back end, kindly try to update your contact information again. If you're still encountering the issue, please feel free to let me know so I can assist further.

Cheers,

Princess

firstresponse
      Trusted Cover User

Princess_R 

Thank you. I seem to have amended the contacts now. It is really a big issue with MYOB.

Cheers

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi firstresponse,

Thank you for your response. I'm glad to hear that you were able to update your contact details now. I understand that navigating MYOB can be challenging at times, and managing contacts is crucial. I will now be closing this thread as resolved. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please feel free to start a new post. I'm here to help.

Cheers,

Princess