Forum Discussion

saintjohnny
Contributing User
6 months ago

Wrong invoice sent to client continuing.

MYOB has inappropriately closed the thread on this matter still without resolution. Threads should not be closed until the issues are fixed.

As recently as yesterday (15th December 2023)  it was still occurring with details on pdf invoices received by clients bearing no relation to what was sent and those company/address details being non-existent on my contact list.

MYOB security is bloody disgraceful and we should not have to pay our monthly subscription whilst it continues.

Fix the bloody thing please, it is causing my business embarassment and it is only with their attention to detail that their payment did not go into the never never. You have known about this issue for some months now!!

24 Replies

SuzanneWalker
    Contributing Cover User

I have had the same thing. An invoice that should be have been $640 to a NZ customer was opened by customer to find it was $2,532 to a Maria L**someone in Victoria, Australia - not even a contact in our system. In MYOB system it looked as it should, but on opening it wasn't. 

Frustration is the loss of confidence - now checking invoices so we don't have a repeat. Customers these days are (rightly) very prickly about any perceived 'scam' even by companies they use regularly. Just embarrassing. 

saintjohnny
      Contributing User

Hi Suzanne

It's been going on since at least last October according to other threads. MYOB contacted me via a private message yesterday and asked for details which I provided. No response from them yet but I hope they give you the same opportunity.

One of the other "similar" threads provides a link to register a complaint with the financial regulator. If I don't get a reasonable response before long, I intend to report MYOB for privacy breaches and change to another company.

After all...... I will "Mind Your (my) Own Business".

saintjohnny
        Contributing User

Found another thread in which multiple subscribers describe the problem as far back as January 2022.

Pretty obvious MYOB doesn't care.

WVgres
      User

We just had the same problem.  Invoice sent on our letterhead but the invoice client, invoice number, invoice content and amount were completely wrong and not on our system at all.   MYOB claimed was my computer issue with stored cookies.  Tried to point out that the invoice was recorded correctly on out MYOB account and the issue has occured when their system has forwarded the invoice onto our client.   Am really concerned that this will continue to occur as happened to many others.  Our client is now concerned that the system has been hacked and they will open a virus if they open any of our invoices.  

CatherineCE
        Experienced Cover User

That's very interesting but completely unsurprising that MYOB told you the problem was at your end. For at least the last two years they have been denying that this is a problem that requires THEM to fix it.

Doreen_Pis merely the latest person (although perhaps it's actually an AI robot) to spout all the meaningless platitudinous garbage that MYOB fobs its customers off with.

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi, SuzanneWalker

We're delighted to let you know that we have sent you a private message in response to your inquiry. Please don't hesitate to respond to the private message, and we are eager to assist you in any way we can. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, SuzanneWalker

We recently requested additional information and are awaiting your response. Kindly let us know if you still need further assistance. Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are delighted to assist you.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, saintjohnny

We hope this message finds you well. We wanted to inform you that we've sent you a private message regarding your inquiry. Please feel free to reply to the private message, and we'll be more than happy to help.

Best regards,

Doreen