Forum Discussion

MV1810
Experienced User
19 days ago

Multi Currency Sales Invoice

I have been searching the forum but could not find anything on this issue, which makes me doubt my sanity... :)

When I create a sales invoice in AUD, our local currency, our selling price is AUD58.

When I create a sales invoice in SGD, the selling price is still 58, but now SGD58.

When I create a sales invoice in MYR, the selling price is still 58, but now MYR58.

When I create a sales invoice in ZAR, the selling price is still 58, but now ZAR58.

I can't change the local currency on the create invoice screen which is the field that gets converted. So now I sell my item for:

AUD18.54 in Malaysia

AUD64.74 in Singapore

AUD4.76 in South Africa!! That is less than my cost price. 

Why doesn't the system pick up the local currency selling price and converts the foreign currency to match the selling price?

2 Replies

MV1810
    Experienced User

I don't understand why it should be like that. If it keeps your local selling price and converts the foreign currency selling price, then it would be correct. If you then want to keep the prices constant, you can just select custom in the currency calculator instead of live exchange rate. 

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi MV1810 , most often, prices in overseas markets are all different, so the price levels can be used to hold export prices, at least for the main markets if sales are made in more currencies than the levels can accommodate.

Customers are tagged to each price level as required.