Forum Discussion

Renee5
Contributing User
12 days ago

Convert order to Bill WITHOUT Receiving Items

Does anyone know how to convert the order to bill without the items appearing in stock?

We need the bill to show as creditor, but the items won't arrive for over a month.

6 Replies

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Renee5 , assuming AccountRight here, possibly incorrectly; the sequence which AccountRight is designed for is Order -> (optionally) Receive Items -> Bill. A bill puts the items into stock if Receive Items hasn't been used.  

Why do you need the bill to show as a creditor? You can make payments against a supplier order, for example. 

Renee5
      Contributing User

Hi Mike_James The bill has been received, but not due to be paid yet. If payments are applied to the order it does not appear in creditors.

This type of reporting is what is needed by this company who operates world wide.

The issue is, MYOB doesn't allow to convert to a bill, without receiving the items in stock. The items however will not arrive for over a month.

Seems strange MYOB allows you to make payments to an order, receive items without a bill, but not convert to a bill without receiving the items.

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Renee5 , if you are looking to include the orders as creditors, that's not possible in the core product. Would a custom creditor report including orders work for you?

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Renee5,

Thanks for your post.

If the items are being inventoried, I'm afraid there is no way on converting an order without affecting stocks. However, I have attached here a link on how you convert an order to a bill.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen