Forum Discussion

customisedclean
Contributing User
9 months ago

Recent outage FURTHER REDUNDANCY REQUIRED

I own and run a small cleaning business with my wife and I had a very frustrating EOM due to the recent MYOB outage of 2023. I was unable to connect to the MYOB essentials server for over 24 hours and when I did finally manage to establish a connection my bandwidth was severly reduced. The task of writing invoices at the end of the day is usually a job that takes about 30-45min to write around 15-20 invoices. On friday evening when I finally got a half a connection that task took me around 5 hours. I spent 4.5 of those hours staring at an infuriating spinning circle and resisting the urge to put my fist through my monitor while failing to resist the urge to shout expletives at 10-15min intervals. It wasn't until after the frustrating 5 hour invoicing that I realised that because the server had been down my recurring invoices for my after hours jobs hadn't recurred for 2 days due to the outage. I then had to endure the arduous task of manually creating all the commercial invoices with the same frustrating delays. The population of the commercial invoices is something that happens in the background so I rarely check them but just happened to notice by chance, this could have been a major loss in revenue with not so much as a heads up from MYOB.

So now I am on the other side of the outage and I'm trying to decide whether to continue my MYOB subscription or migrate to another platform. I can not afford another outage like this to happen again so I would like to know what MYOB is going to do to prevent this ever happening again. From where I'm sitting the only way to prevent this would be to implement geographical redundancy.

My questions for MYOB are:

Are you planning to add geographical redundancy to your infrastructure?

When would this be implemented?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand your frustration, and this is not an experience we want to provide our customers. We strive hard to provide a seamless experience to our clients. I regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you for raising this important concern. Appreciate your understanding. Since I don't have access to real-time information on MYOB's future plans, I recommend taking the following steps to address your concern:

Product Ideas Page: You can share your suggestion or concern regarding geographical redundancy on our Product Ideas page. This platform allows users to submit ideas and suggestions for improvements, and it's monitored by our product development team. 

Contacting Support: If you prefer a more direct approach, you can reach out to MYOB's support team through the Contact us page. Scroll down to the Feedback & Complaints option, and you can lodge your complaint or inquiry there.

These channels are great ways to voice your concerns and suggestions to MYOB. They will be able to provide you with more specific information regarding their infrastructure plans and any potential timelines for implementation. Thank you for your feedback, and we appreciate your engagement in helping us improve our services.

Your feedback is valuable, and MYOB is committed to enhancing its services to better meet the needs of its users. We appreciate your patience and understanding as you seek more information on this matter.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
    Regards,
    Earl