Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Adjustment Note

Hi, I was wondering if it is normal that the "Balance Due" in the Adjustment Note(if printed) is $0 instead of $975. The Original invoice amount is $1155 and the adjustment amount to deduct is 180. I already did the "apply to sale" 

• Hi karabunny819 

Thanks for your post. From the software's perspective the sale and the adjustment are two separate, unrelated invoices. The total of the adjustment is $180 and when it's applied to an invoice (or refunded) the adjustment is closed off with a zero balance as the whole amount has been allocated. If you only applied $90 to an invoice the balance owing would be $90.

So what you are seeing is correct. Please let me know if you need further help with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi karabunny819 

Thanks for your post. From the software's perspective the sale and the adjustment are two separate, unrelated invoices. The total of the adjustment is $180 and when it's applied to an invoice (or refunded) the adjustment is closed off with a zero balance as the whole amount has been allocated. If you only applied $90 to an invoice the balance owing would be $90.

So what you are seeing is correct. Please let me know if you need further help with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.