Forum Discussion

Alleydande
Contributing User
9 months ago
Solved

Aged Receivables & Purchase reports - Operation Time out

Hi there,

For the last two weeks I have been unable to run several reports including Sales - Aged Receivables (summary) and Purchases - Aged Payables (summary). Also Customer Analysis in Business Insights does not run. All Say "operation time out" and Unable to Connect although the rest of the program is working ok.

I thought it may just be a glitch at your end and waited to see if it reset itself but with the recent update the issue persists.

Reconcilation reports work fine.

Any assistance here would be appreciated.

• Hi Alleydande

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. I am glad to assist you. Thank you for bringing your concern to us and we apologize that you had that experience when running the reports. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. 

Regarding your concern, a timeout error is caused by AccountRight being asked to process more information than it can handle in a timeframe. We do have a timeout extender which I have sent through to you in a private message. This can be accessed by clicking on your forum display avatar in the top right-hand corner of the screen and then choose the envelope icon that appears. 

The timeout extender is designed to extend the length of time before the timeout error is thrown. If the amount of information being processed will still exceed the extended timeframe, the timeout error will persist. In this situation the only option is to reduce the amount of information being processed, such as reducing the timeframe that the report is being run for. 

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Alleydande

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. I am glad to assist you. Thank you for bringing your concern to us and we apologize that you had that experience when running the reports. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. 

Regarding your concern, a timeout error is caused by AccountRight being asked to process more information than it can handle in a timeframe. We do have a timeout extender which I have sent through to you in a private message. This can be accessed by clicking on your forum display avatar in the top right-hand corner of the screen and then choose the envelope icon that appears. 

The timeout extender is designed to extend the length of time before the timeout error is thrown. If the amount of information being processed will still exceed the extended timeframe, the timeout error will persist. In this situation the only option is to reduce the amount of information being processed, such as reducing the timeframe that the report is being run for. 

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth