Forum Discussion

EllieK
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded.

I am working in the Online version of MYOB.  I am entering a sale as i have always done.  But when I want to enter 6 or more lines, I can't save as the error message shows 'An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded.'

I have tried zeroing the figures and rentering.  I have tried changing to GST exclusive and then back again.  I still can't enter beyond 5 lines.  

• Hi EllieK

Thanks for your post. Generally the cause of this is due to 3 decimal places in the line item causing the transaction to be unbalanced, if you click into the amounts field and re-enter the amounts this should bypass this message. 

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

have you tried going to the edit button ( top left hand side ) and using insert line?

Lisa

• Hi EllieK

Thanks for your post. Generally the cause of this is due to 3 decimal places in the line item causing the transaction to be unbalanced, if you click into the amounts field and re-enter the amounts this should bypass this message. 

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

EllieK
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Melisa

Thanks for your reply.  Yes manually re-entering the amounts worked but I was hoping not to have to do this with every invoice.  Lots of our invoices will be like this. Is there a way to stop this happening in the future?

Ellie

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Why don't you save it as a recurring invoice . You can then use it any time you want.

To do this in the invoice on the bottom left hand corner is save as recurring

Hope that helps

Lisa