Forum Discussion

PrecisionAJ
Contributing User
6 months ago

An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded.

Hi there,

Ive been trying to fix this issue since last week, already followed the steps you guys mentioned here at this forum but nothing appears to fix this problem 

I need help.

Thanks

9 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PrecisionAJ,

Thank you for your post. 

I understand that you are having difficulty fixing the unbalanced transaction. Please confirm that you received the error message "An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded"? Could you please tell me exactly what you are doing? Does this message appear when you are trying to allocate bank feeds? or when you edit the transaction or enter sales? Please give me more details on your concern so we can assist you further.  

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

PrecisionAJ
      Contributing User

Hi Cel

it does happen when I try to match the transections (invoices) 

I have a client who paid all their invoices in only one transaction and I need to match all their invoices.

already checked the 3 digits and it won't fix it.

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PrecisionAJ,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update. 

Generally, the cause of this error message that you received is due to 3 decimal places in the line item causing the transaction to be unbalanced, Have you tried to check into the amounts field and manually re-enter amounts? This should bypass this message. 

Please let me know how you go on this issue. If you still need assistance, please feel free to create a new post. We are more than happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

PrecisionAJ
      Contributing User

When you say to change the amount it's in every invoice or the bank transaction?

I already did both and it's not working!

I really need a solution for this 

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PrecisionAJ,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update. I have noticed that this post was answered by one of our moderators and asking for some information to further assist you, Kindly check on this link. 

Thank you. 

Cel