Forum Discussion

sharecaremyob
Experienced User
5 months ago
Solved

Bill numbers not sequencing

Our new datafile is not sequencing our bill or cheque numbers correctly. 

It often reverts back to an old number - menaing that we have duplicate bill or cheque numbers in the system. 

For instance today: entering a new bill - the bill number provided automatically was #00000245.

we already have that number in our system for a bill.

Our bills are up to #00000580.

Our prefernce is unique numbers only.

This is a new glitch in our AccountRight and has been occuring since approx Nov23. 

Please advise a fix. 

Thankyou,

• Hi sharecaremyob,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. If your auto number sequence deviates from your chosen sequence, kindly attempt to overwrite the bill number with the correct one. This action will reset the sequence to the intended number. Additionally, we recommend clearing your AccountRight cache to address any discrepancies in your software.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

2 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi sharecaremyob,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. If your auto number sequence deviates from your chosen sequence, kindly attempt to overwrite the bill number with the correct one. This action will reset the sequence to the intended number. Additionally, we recommend clearing your AccountRight cache to address any discrepancies in your software.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi sharecaremyob,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl