Forum Discussion

BNS
Contributing User
7 months ago

Error Not Enough Items on Hand to Record Transaction

I am trying to process a write-off (inventory adjustment) for an Inventory Item that has a quantity of 2 with a total value of $7.14. I am getting an Error message saying "You do not have enough of item on hand to record this transaction". It is Consignment Stock with us as the Consignor so in a separate Inventory Code to normal inventory.

I have tried Inventory Adjustment to expense code, Inventory adjustment to another inventory code, processing invoice to sell the 2 items. Nothing has worked.

See attached screenshot of balance in Item Register, copy of Inventory Adjustment and Error message received. 

How do I fix this error to clear this stock?

9 Replies

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi BNS

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for expressing your concern to us and for providing a screenshot. We apologize that you are having difficulties with the error you are receiving, and we appreciate your patience on this matter. 

If you encounter this error, it could be related to the quantity on hand for your item. You may check our article titled "Error: Not enough items on hand to record these transactions" for more information and instructions. The article guides you on which report to review and compare with the transaction you're attempting in the software.

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth

BNS
      Contributing User

Hi Leneth,

Thanks for your email. It didn't help me though. You can clearly see from my attachments that the system shows there are 2 items of inventory in MYOB. What would be your next fix for this issue?

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi BNS , go to the Inventory, Item List, edit the item and see what values are displayed for Qty and on hand value. If they are different, try using those values for the adjustment.