Forum Discussion

Kedam
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

filter suppliers that are individuals

This isn't about getting started but...

Is there a way to filter suppliers that are individuals rather than companies for a report.

I am currently running AccountRight Plus AU 2022.6.0....2022.6.24.6864

• Hi Kedam , this may help - open the cards list, and select the suppliers tab. Then underneath the Name field, there's a blank field. Type "*," (without the quote marks) into that field, and your individual supplier cards will appear. Then right-click the list and choose "Copy List to Clipboard", then open Excel and paste into a blank worksheet. 

You might get some other suppliers, as this option just searches for any supplier with a comma in the Name. The asterisk is a wild card allowing any text, then the comma. I find that using the "Search" field above, putting in a comma, is unreliable as that searches all displayed fields for a comma including values. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Kedam , this may help - open the cards list, and select the suppliers tab. Then underneath the Name field, there's a blank field. Type "*," (without the quote marks) into that field, and your individual supplier cards will appear. Then right-click the list and choose "Copy List to Clipboard", then open Excel and paste into a blank worksheet. 

You might get some other suppliers, as this option just searches for any supplier with a comma in the Name. The asterisk is a wild card allowing any text, then the comma. I find that using the "Search" field above, putting in a comma, is unreliable as that searches all displayed fields for a comma including values. 

Kedam
      Experienced Cover User

thanks Mike that was really helpful, I apreciate it. :)