Forum Discussion

Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

IMPORT data - job code

HI,

I import all my month-end journals, and for some unknown reason, MYOB will post the job codes on some of my journals and on other journals it will post imported journal with error and not code the job code. Yet my import files are identical in both instances.

There seems to be no logical answer for why it will post some import files correctly and then the next file incorrectly.

It causes umpteen headaches as there is also no answer on how to correct this error effectively. We are now spending days correcting errors from past periods.

• Hi Sppokle 

I have tried to import all your files in my sample file and they have imported with the job numbers successfully, and if it's not importing the jobs occassionally for you, check the following:

1) Tick Warn if jobs are not assigned to all transactions under Setup>>Preferences>>System.

2) When you open the import file in Excel, the Job field cells should be formatted to General. This is an important step as if the cells for this column are formatted to Text or Number, the job will be ignored in the final import regardless of any other setting.

Let me know if you have further questions on this. 

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Sppokle
      Experienced Cover User

Hi

At the time the import error log gives a warning that it is not importing the job code. I have attached the original import file and then attached the import error log file.

I use the same file General for all my month-end journals and reversals, it only does this on some of my imports not all of my imports and yet all journals have the same layout.

SO for me, it is creating confusion as to why I then have to go back to amend all the journals to insert a job code

Kind Regards

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Sppokle , I see that the job numbers in your text file have spaces on either side, maybe removing those will help. (The amounts do as well, so this may not be the cause of the error on jobs).

Also, the field order appears to affect the import results in recent AccountRight versions. I attach a sample file which imported successfully; if you match that layout it may import without error.