Forum Discussion

WMack
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Imported card file not updating

I need to change the Salesperson on a selected number of our Customers to a new Salesperson.

Everything appears fine and no errors on the import but the Salesperson isn't updating.  Please advise.

• Hi WMack 

It seems like you are using Card ID instead of Salesperson Card ID, this is a different field. Card ID is the field that matches your customer cards. As for the warning message, it seems that 8 import lines don't have an ID entered. Make sure to change the header to Salesperson Card ID and check if these 8 are a different salesperson and that they have a Salesperson Card ID entered in the software.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi WMack 

Thanks for your post. 

To update the Salesperson fields on a customer when importing, this will need to include 2 Fields:

1. Salesperson field including the Last Name, First Name of the Card File. (IE: Long, Alan)

2. Card ID (IE: EMP00002)

Both fields are required to update the Salesperson in the software. 

Note that if your Employee Card does not have a Card ID, you will need to enter one and edit your Import File to reflect this information.

Please let us know how you get on!

WMack
      Experienced User

Hello

I only need to update the Salesperson field for specific customer accounts so assuming I'd need 3 fields Co./Last Name, Salesperson and Card Id.  I did as suggested but got the following erroes;

0 records imported without errors.
      8 records imported with warnings.
      211 records skipped.

Summary of errors
      Error -2533: This Card ID already exists.
      Enter a different Card ID.
      Warning 312: Card ID not unique; Card ID substituted.

I have tried everything with this ever so simple change I need to do but at least knowing that the Card Id is needed is getting me closer I think ( this should be noted in the Import Customer Card help notes)

WMack
        Experienced User

This is how my import file looks (dummy data)

{}  
        Co./Last NameSalespersonCard ID
        ACME CompanyAmmari, SaidEMP6