Forum Discussion

mmj1
Contributing User
11 months ago
Solved

Importing invoices - urgent

Hi Team

We utalize MYOB Accountright. We are not able to bulk upload invoices via a csv or an excel file. How do I go about doing this?

This is because we need to use another software to generate our invoices. Xero currently has this option available.

• Hi mmj1 , these options are all different types of (invoice) layouts. To find out which type to export, open the New Sale window, then which layout would you use?

Or open an existing invoice and look at the window's title bar.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi mmj1 , I'm not sure what your issues are, but you can find out a lot from MYOB.com/au/support, and search the help on Accountright, import.

The best start point is an export of similar transactions, which will create a file with all the fields. I recommend a txt file, tab delimited. Open it in Excel.

Before importing anything, take a backup, because mistakes cannot be undone.

We can assist on specific log errors, but we will need the log file and sample transaction file to comment further. Remember that this is a public forum.

mmj1
      Contributing User

Hi Mike 

The issues are the followings

• the import / export module, only allows for a few items to be imported or exported. Such as Sales, Cards .... .
        • There is no option for 'invoices'

I need to be able to upload around 800 invoices and it would be too time consuming to individiually enter them. I have a csv file that has all their details ready to be uploaded.

What work around do you recomend ? is there a way to upload them as nother item and then using myob convert them to invoices?

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi mmj1 , what version of Accountright are you using? (Help, About Accountright...). And are you using the desktop or browser version?