Forum Discussion

jenni
Experienced Cover User
8 months ago

Invoice form - Description with multiple lines and multiple descriptions not lining up with individual amounts

Hi,

I am trying to modify a service invoice template because I am having issues with the description not marrying up to the cost if the description is more than one line long.

If I enter description details that run for more than one line, then add another that also runs for more than one line and so on, I cannot get the descripton line to line up with the cost relating to it.  It shuffles all of the costs to the top of the column and becomes confusing.  It is common for me to enter multiple description lines per invoice.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get each description line to line up with it's cost please?

Thanks,

Jenni

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi je

I am sorry to hear that you still have the issue after providing some help articles but still the issue persists. I have reviewed the thread, upon checking, In terms of height, these are fixed and will scale with the information that is contained within them. For example, if you have a length description this field will appear larger in height to accommodate the extra text. Note that you do need to ensure that Setup>>Preferences>>Windows - Wrap text to show full description needs to be enabled. 

In terms of the actual printed copy of the invoice the description column width is determined by what width you have selected for your customized form for that invoice description. The row height is set by the description that you enter when recording the invoice and will scale accordingly to show the full description on the invoice. For example, you have a short one-line description that field will be one line, if multiple lines are shown then you would have multiple lines in that field. You are not able to increase the row width to show more spaces around the individual lines. 

Only way I could see you doing that would be to add a hard-enter at the start of the description, which in turn will force some space to be shown

Attachment.PNG

The problem with that would be the Amount will not line up as the amount starts on the first line of the description. So you could look at adding it to the end of the previous description. 

Attachment2.PNG

I hope this helps. Please feel free to create a new post if you still have questions or concerns. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jenni,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

When creating an invoice in AccountRight, you can enter as many lines on the transaction as you do require. Although, each line would require to entering an account and amount. If the line is a description only line, you can go to Edit>>Insert Blank Line and you would be able to enter that line. 

If the invoices are printed or emailed, those lines entered will appear on the invoice. You can check out this link.

I have sent you a private message asking for the screenshots of what appear on your invoice. 

Thanks. 

Cel