8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Service Invoice - Adding a line item

We are currently using the Service Invoice, which only allows us to invoice 1 line with the cost.

Some of our customers require 2 x seperate lines on the invoice, detailing the delivery cost seperately.

I have attached a sample of our current invoice. Although we can put multiple lines on an invoice it will only show the the total cost even though I have entered 3 x lines.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,101 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,101Posts

4,571Kudos

4,972Solutions

Re: Service Invoice - Adding a line item

Hi @PArtington 

When creating an invoice in AccoutnRight you can enter as many lines on the transaction as you do require. Although, each line would require a user to enter an account and amount. If the line is a description only line you want to go to Edit>>Insert Blank Line and you would be able to enter that line.

If that invoice is printed or emailed those particular lines enter will appear on the invoice. For example: 
Attachment.PNG

Attachment2.PNG

The total will be combined the values for those lines.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User PArtington
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Thanks Steven,

Yes I have tried this, on my sample each line value was $100, but when invoice is printed all the values add up to $300 on the first line. Even though I have chosen an account and value.

Regards,

JOANN

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,101 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,101Posts

4,571Kudos

4,972Solutions

Hi @PArtington 

Not 100% sure but I think you have doesn't unusually with your customise form i.e. have the total field rather than an amount column in that "table".

What I would recommend doing is deleting that last "column" on the customise form i.e. Total (ex- GST). Where it says [Description] right-click and select Show/Hide Columns. This will allow you add columns such as Amount or INC Amount to the invoice table. What this will do is showcase the total amount per line. 

You might to re-add the Total field elsewhere to the customise form to showcase the total amount of the invoice.

Help Articles: Add tables to forms and Add text and fields to forms may be beneficial to you

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User PArtington
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I still cannot get all of my rows to show correctly on my invoice once I have printed.

I have attached 2 x samples.

1st on screen, it all looks ok but once I print it out each total in added together in the top line.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
34,101 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,101Posts

4,571Kudos

4,972Solutions

Hi @PArtington 

Based on the screenshots you have provided you would be looking at adding additional columns to your invoice table. This can be done by:

1. Navigating to the customise form - Setup>>Customise Forms>>Invoices>>Selecting the layout and form before selecting Customise
  2. Once in the customise form, right-click on the customise form and select Show/Hide columns before adding the ExAmount or IncAmount column to the Columns in your table section using the Show> button.

Don't select to delete that incorrect field, save the form and use that form going forward.

If you do require further assistance with that process we would need to know what stage of the process you are at to offer that assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post