Forum Discussion

VZ23
User
3 years ago
Solved

Non Sequential Sales Invoice Numbers MYOB Accountright 2022.1

Hi Team 

After we upgraded to the lastest version of MYOB Accountright 2022.1, we start to having an issue regards to Sales Invoice No. The problem is below: 

The sales invoice no. is working fine if there is no manual change in the sequential number. However, when we import some sales invoices into MYOB, which the invoice no. will start with letter " F". That is the way we differentiate the sales invoices whether they are generated from Imports or direct entry.  After the import is done, when you click Enter Sales to enter next invoice, the invoice number will remain the SAME number as the last invoice number ending with letter "F". 

This causes us huge problems:

1) Duplicate sales invoice. I have already selected the preference - Sales - Warn for Duplicate Invoice and customer PO number. See the attached screenshot. However, it looks like it does not recognise the duplicate sales invoice. 

2) Non Sequential serial number. 

Please help us to solve the issues. Thanks 

• Hi VZ23 

Thanks for your post. We have identified that some customers will use alphanumeric reference numbers, which is a problem because the software does not pick up those reference numbers when searching for duplicates.

We do understand that some users use a different sequence for invoices being imported, which has been fed back to the required teams for future updates.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi VZ23 

Thanks for your post. We have identified that some customers will use alphanumeric reference numbers, which is a problem because the software does not pick up those reference numbers when searching for duplicates.

We do understand that some users use a different sequence for invoices being imported, which has been fed back to the required teams for future updates.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Rosine
      Contributing User

Hi There I have had the same problem after modifying manually an old invoice. I deleted the invoice and reintered it with the original date and the same number omitting the leading 0s.

On that same date a number of other invoices were produced with the correct sequential numbers.

When I enter a new invoice now, it picks up an  invoice number sequential to the modified one which results in a duplicate .

My prefences in the setup are for warning if duplicate invoice numbers and Purchase numbers are entered, but this time nor warning is  issued.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Rosine 

With the 2 invoices you have entered you mentioned you omitted the leading 0s? 

If the invoice or purchase does not have the standard 8 digits the warn for duplicate will not work.

If that is not the case, can you provide examples for me to have a look at? You can reply with a screenshot (redacting sensitive information) or send as a private message.

Stephen_Blackt
    Experienced Partner

Hi VZ23,

If you want to use a number for imported sales without affecting the Invoice Number series, enter the imported sale number in parentheses ie “F1234”  You may be able to have your software do this for you, before importing.

The parenthesis will display on the invoice form when printed, but I think this is worth it to retain the number sequence for sales invoices.

The invoice numbers will continue to run in their normal order.

This is far from ideal but it works.

Regards

Stephen Blacktop

MYOB Certified Consultant