Forum Discussion

Legion
Trusted User
3 years ago

Sequential invoice numbers

Hi,

I'm using the application 2022.2.24.6053

Our invoice numbers run in the 8 digit sequence. We seem to be getting 4 digit numbers now. Possibly a 4 digit number has been entered. How do I set the system to auto select the next 8 digit number available?

I've spent 1 hour 55 minutes waiting on the phone for customer service to be quizzed "have you had an update recently?",  "if you mannually do it 3 or 4 times the system will remember it."

That response doesn't fill me with confidence? In other systems there is normally a field the user can input the next number to be used. Does anyone have a way to resolve this issue?

...... And while we're at it. Why does it take 115 minutes to speak to someone? Why is MYOB using an overseas call centre with people who don't speak ENGLISH as their native language? Its bad enough that I have to decipher their thick accent but you can't hear them over the idiots in the background having a laugh in some foreign language. If they have time to be **bleep** about why aren't they answering phones?

So at this point I think its safe to say MYOB does not provide customer support anymore. I can see why Xero is killing MYOB. I want to support an Australian business but its getting to that point.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

the short answer is no you can't change the number somewhere but their suggestion is correct 

Go into your sales register and find the last 8 digit number and change the #auto number to the following number.

Once you have done this the next number should follow on

If you haven't too many 4 digit ones you could go in and renumber those manually so they flow on

Hope this helps

Lisa