Forum Discussion

NahlaMidge
Contributing Partner
4 years ago
Solved

pdf invoice emailed

Hi Everyone,

Can an MYOB invoice that is emailed to you through MYOB be changed before the reciepiant recieves it? IE: Can someone change bank account details on the invoice, remove email addresses and other fields after it is sent and before it is opened by the intended customer?

Thanks

• Hi NahlaMidge 

To my knowledge, there is no direct way in AccountRight to prevent PDFs from being edited once outside of the program. 

Although it is worth noting that if you email the invoice using the MYOB Invoice portal (i.e. have Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing - Send Emails using AccountRight and Only include a link to the invoice), users would not be able to update the online invoice located in the portal.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    NahlaMidge
    Contributing Partner

Hi everyone, 

I can't find my last post so am trying again.

Is a Tax Invoice sent as a pdf file through MYOB secure? Or can it be tampered with?

If it is secure, how?

Thanks

• Hi NahlaMidge 

To my knowledge, there is no direct way in AccountRight to prevent PDFs from being edited once outside of the program. 

Although it is worth noting that if you email the invoice using the MYOB Invoice portal (i.e. have Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing - Send Emails using AccountRight and Only include a link to the invoice), users would not be able to update the online invoice located in the portal.

NahlaMidge
      Contributing Partner

Hi Steven,

Thank you so very much for the answer. It was exactly as I thought, I just needed written confirmation from MYOB for a court hearing. Unfortunately MYOB took all the details, promised an email and didn't deliver. 10 point to you.

Thanks and have a wonderful weekend.