Forum Discussion

GopalaAP
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Returning Damaged stock to Supplier

When we buy a product, we buy by carton and number of units will be 10, but when some of the units are damaged I need to issue credit request, then when I raise a new Purchase Invoice, enter the quantity as a negative, system tend to take whole carton, how can I do the returns only for the damaged units?  For example came 10 cartons, (10x10 = 100Units), one carton damaged, opened and check, only 4 pks are damaged and need to request for credit for 4 packs and remove it from inventory. But when I put -4, the stock it picks as -40. How to do this please. Thanks

BuyingDetails.JPGSelling details.JPG

The_Doc
    3 years ago

Hi GopalaAP 

My methodology will only work if your description is correct on how you enter your stock.

If I read correctly 

1 carton = 10 units 

1 carton = $80 i.e. 1 unit = $8

Take it from another angle - you order 1 carton and you get by mistake 1 unit how would you enter that.

According to my understanding of your setup you would enter this order as 

0.1 cartons received = $8

So if you received 4 units (i.e. 4/10ths) of a carton - you received 0.4 cartons.

You then note ALL of these are damaged and you return them.

The credit would be -0.4 x 1 carton = - $32

If this isn't happening then your inventory isn't how you are describing I suspect.

Just being The Devil's Advocate - sorry.

The Doc

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi GopalaAP 

Without getting complicated - here is a quick and easy - if possible.

So 10 packs = 10 x 10 = units (1 pack = 10 units)

You open a single pack and 4 units in a pack are damaged = 4/10 of this pack are damaged 

In the whole order 4 of the 100 are damaged = 0.04 

or 0.4 of an order of 10 

The Doc

GopalaAP
      Contributing User

Hi, Thanks for solution. However, when I create the return/credit for -0.04 Qty, then the total amount is not correct. Example if the unit price is $8/Pk, then it should be -$32 + GST supplier credit, but when we use -0.04, total amount credit comes to -$0.35. Any suggestion. Thanks

The_Doc
        Ultimate Partner

Hi GopalaAP 

My methodology will only work if your description is correct on how you enter your stock.

If I read correctly 

1 carton = 10 units 

1 carton = $80 i.e. 1 unit = $8

Take it from another angle - you order 1 carton and you get by mistake 1 unit how would you enter that.

According to my understanding of your setup you would enter this order as 

0.1 cartons received = $8

So if you received 4 units (i.e. 4/10ths) of a carton - you received 0.4 cartons.

You then note ALL of these are damaged and you return them.

The credit would be -0.4 x 1 carton = - $32

If this isn't happening then your inventory isn't how you are describing I suspect.

Just being The Devil's Advocate - sorry.

The Doc