Forum Discussion

Kylie_MHA
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Since the last update Supplier invoice is not recognising the supplier preferred GST code

Since the last update the when I've been entering Supplier invoices the system has NOT been recognising the suppliers tax code. I've checked in the 'Buying Details' tab for the supplier and irrespective of which tax code is listed and the preference of 'Use Supplier's Tax Code' is ticked, it is defaulting to the expense account tax code. 

Is anybody else having this issue or just me?

SamaraM
    2 years ago

Hi Kylie_MHA 

Thank you for your post, I'd be happy to assist you with this. If you have the Tax Code entered and Use Supplier's Tax Code ticked on the card, then it should be bringing that code. However, it will always keep the supplier that is entered first which sounds like what's happening.

So for example, you have Supplier 1 with Tax Code A, Supplier 2 with Tax Code B.

You create a bill and the in tray fills in Supplier 1, which has GST code A. You see this is incorrect and change to supplier 2, but it only changes the supplier name, not the tax code so it remains as tax code B and you'll need to change it to A manually. 

We're still working on the In Tray feature, but I've passed on your comments to the relevant team for future improvements. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

is the expense  account you using the same as the one saved in the customer card?

Lisa

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Sorry, the only other thing I can think of is whether you are using the same invoice type layout.

Might be a glitch or perhaps  moderator might have a suggestion

Lisa

Kylie_MHA
    Experienced Cover User

So this is still an issues, I've been monitoring it over the last few weeks. I create supplier inovices from the in-tray and generally they are not picking up the suppliers name and it's another supplier then I have to change the supplier to the correct one and MYOB is maintaining the GST code based on the automated pick, irrespective of what the correct suppliers GST code. 

This has only started after the last update, prior to that the GST code would reflect the actual suppliers code when changed.

So now as a back up I've had to at the GST code to the supplier surname (we pay lots of individuals) so that I can ensure that it's correct. This is a bandaid solution and would appreicate it if MYOB coud look into the issue.

SamaraM
      Former Staff

Hi Kylie_MHA 

Thank you for your post, I'd be happy to assist you with this. If you have the Tax Code entered and Use Supplier's Tax Code ticked on the card, then it should be bringing that code. However, it will always keep the supplier that is entered first which sounds like what's happening.

So for example, you have Supplier 1 with Tax Code A, Supplier 2 with Tax Code B.

You create a bill and the in tray fills in Supplier 1, which has GST code A. You see this is incorrect and change to supplier 2, but it only changes the supplier name, not the tax code so it remains as tax code B and you'll need to change it to A manually. 

We're still working on the In Tray feature, but I've passed on your comments to the relevant team for future improvements. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kylie_MHA
        Experienced Cover User

Based on your response that is what is happening. BUT this only started after the last update, prior to the update the Tax code would change to align with Supplier 2.

It's dissappointing as we can't rely upon the In Tray to provide the correct information when the supplier is changed. We will have to change our internal processes to accommodate this issue.