Forum Discussion

MelWill13
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

Transaction Journal

Our data entry girl input invoices for purchases on the 20th of April.  When I check on the 21st in the Transaction Journal for 20/4-21/4 none of the invoices entered are showing up.  I have gone in to each company and the invoices are there, with the date of the invoice, not the date she entered as we do but shouldn't they show up in the transaction journal on the day the work was done?   We need to see what she entered on a specific day not search by many dates.  Am I missing something, is there another way to check  her work?  

This has arisen recently as after she entered all her work yesterday she said they were not there and had to enter them again.  For me to try figure out what has happened I would have thought the Transaction Journal would have been my way to check her work.  

Any insight would be helpful, thank you

• Hi MelWill13 

The Transaction Journal shows transaction based on the Transaction Date or Date Occurred, not the date entered into MYOB.

To identify transactions entered on a specific date or period, you need to use a Transactions Journal Report. Use Index to Reports > Accounts > Transaction Journals > General Journal. Click Advance Filters.

Set Dated From to the first day of the current FY, for example 1 July 2019 and the To: to say 30/6/2030.  Set Source Journal to All.

Now click Additional Filters. On this screen select the Session Date - the employee's date or date period you want to check. So if you want to see what was processed on 15 April 2020, set both Dates as 15/4/2020. Click OK and then Run Report.

A few things to bear in mind,

• Sometimes AR2020 reports 'There is no Information to display' when in fact there is - usually with larger files. Try narrowing the Transaction Date range.
    • Users sometime report that transactions 'go missing' - this cannot happen with MYOB. Each transaction is recorded in the database as it is processed. If a transaction appears to have gone missing, 99% of the time the transaction was entered into a different company file, for example an offline copy instead of the online file.
    • An Order or a Quote may not appear in the Transaction Journal
    • The Transaction Date may have been entered incorrectly, for example 21/4/2022 instead of 21/4/2020

Regards

Gavin

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi MelWill13 

The Transaction Journal shows transaction based on the Transaction Date or Date Occurred, not the date entered into MYOB.

To identify transactions entered on a specific date or period, you need to use a Transactions Journal Report. Use Index to Reports > Accounts > Transaction Journals > General Journal. Click Advance Filters.

Set Dated From to the first day of the current FY, for example 1 July 2019 and the To: to say 30/6/2030.  Set Source Journal to All.

Now click Additional Filters. On this screen select the Session Date - the employee's date or date period you want to check. So if you want to see what was processed on 15 April 2020, set both Dates as 15/4/2020. Click OK and then Run Report.

A few things to bear in mind,

• Sometimes AR2020 reports 'There is no Information to display' when in fact there is - usually with larger files. Try narrowing the Transaction Date range.
    • Users sometime report that transactions 'go missing' - this cannot happen with MYOB. Each transaction is recorded in the database as it is processed. If a transaction appears to have gone missing, 99% of the time the transaction was entered into a different company file, for example an offline copy instead of the online file.
    • An Order or a Quote may not appear in the Transaction Journal
    • The Transaction Date may have been entered incorrectly, for example 21/4/2022 instead of 21/4/2020

Regards

Gavin