Forum Discussion

Learoy
Experienced Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

Annual & Sick Leave

Could someone please clarify for me on the calculation for accrual on annual & sick leave for wages in Australia.

I have currently set up in Account Right Plus the calculation for Holiday Leave Accrual at 7.6923% of Gross Hours and Sick Leave Accrual at 3.846% of Gross Hours.

The Fair Work Information Statement allows for 10 days Personal Leave and 4 weeks Annual Leave. We work a 38 hour week and I have one employee who has used up all their available leave. I am trying to make sure that our system is calculating the correct amount of accrued time.

Should the calculation for accrual time be 2.923 hours per Pay Period for Holiday Leave Accrual and Sick Leave Accrual at 1.462 hours per Pay Period.

Because if they only work 30.4 hours a week they should only accrue leave for those hours which is why I have set up the system up as a percentage basis.

Thanking you in advance,

Learoy

• Hi Learoy,

Thank you so much for your post and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. We do recommend speaking with an accountant or financial advisor to fix this issue. You can also visit this help article for more information about: Leave and entitlements

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
    Regards,
    Earl

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Learoy,

Thank you so much for your post and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. We do recommend speaking with an accountant or financial advisor to fix this issue. You can also visit this help article for more information about: Leave and entitlements

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
    Regards,
    Earl

Learoy
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Earl.

I will read through the article as suggested and check with our accountant.

Regards,

Learoy.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Learoy,

You're very welcome. Feel free to reach out if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Cheers,
        Earl