Forum Discussion

MrsSwaino
Contributing User
6 months ago
Solved

Applying Leave Loading to allowance payroll categories

Hello payroll experts! 

How would I set up the following scenarios please?

1. Some employees get paid a base hourly rate, plus a Director's or Ed Leader allowance (calculated hourly). The allowances have their own payroll category and should be separate from the base hourly rate. Annual Leave Loading is calculated on both the hourly rate and the allowance. How would I set up the Annual Leave Loading to calculate including both hourly rates please? Or, how would I set up a new payroll category possibly named Annual Leave Loading (DA) or (ELA) but it calculates on the allowance, not the base hourly rate?

I'm stumped. 

Thank you :)

• Hi MrsSwaino,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

My apologies for the late response. This situation varies based on the pay rate. If the leave loading matches both the base hourly rate and allowances, one leave loading payroll category can be used. However, if there are different rates for leave loading, a separate pay category would be needed for the allowances. 

Remember, it's important to differentiate rates accurately to ensure proper payroll management. If you have any uncertainties, I'd be glad to assist further!
    Regards,
    Earl

2 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MrsSwaino,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

My apologies for the late response. This situation varies based on the pay rate. If the leave loading matches both the base hourly rate and allowances, one leave loading payroll category can be used. However, if there are different rates for leave loading, a separate pay category would be needed for the allowances. 

Remember, it's important to differentiate rates accurately to ensure proper payroll management. If you have any uncertainties, I'd be glad to assist further!
    Regards,
    Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MrsSwaino,

I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
    Earl