Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

CASUALS OVERTIME HOURS CALCULATOR

If I am a casual employee and work a total of 48.5 hours (excl. unpaid breaks) of which 7.5 hrs are on a Saturday and 5.5 hrs are on a Sunday, am i entitled to Overtime pay?

My main question is when calculating overtime hrs worked per week for casuals are the hours worked on weekends counted or not.

• Hi mmcbdh_12,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information.

In this case, overtime is time worked in addition to normal working hours. Depending on your workplace agreement or award, overtime can be paid at an increased hourly rate, sometimes 1.5 or 2 times the employee's normal hourly rate. If you're not sure when overtime applies, the Fair Work website is a good place to start. Giving you as well this help article, overtime this will show you the full details on how it is being set-up in case your weekends hours are entitled to. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi mmcbdh_12,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information.

In this case, overtime is time worked in addition to normal working hours. Depending on your workplace agreement or award, overtime can be paid at an increased hourly rate, sometimes 1.5 or 2 times the employee's normal hourly rate. If you're not sure when overtime applies, the Fair Work website is a good place to start. Giving you as well this help article, overtime this will show you the full details on how it is being set-up in case your weekends hours are entitled to. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella