Forum Discussion

jhp
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Deselecting payroll categories from Employees who have used Timesheets

Hi,

There have been a number of posts about this but they have all closed so I am creating a new one.

I have run into this issue on a number of occations and was wondering if MYOB has come up with a solution or if there never will be changes made with this ?

I have 50 employees ...most of whom start off as trainee Pharmacy Assistants and then go on to become a Pharmacist. They are originally set up to attract the Public Holiday award rate of x 225% however when they become a Pharmacist they received a flat rate. I therefore have two payroll categories in their employee card file which means whenever I enter timesheets they have two Public Holiday categories show up. This is not ideal as those on a much higher salary can accidentally be paid significantly more than they are meant to.

Please can someone help. I cannot create a new card file each time they change position within the company.

Many thanks!

• Hi jhp 

Thanks for your post. Due to the way AccountRight operates in the background, if a wage category has been used on a timesheet for an employee that particular wage category would not be able to be deselected from them. I’m not currently aware of any plans to change how that works, however, I have passed on your feedback.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DC71
    Experienced User

Since starting timesheets this nightmare has begun for us too. It is becoming a major problem. 

• Hi jhp 

Thanks for your post. Due to the way AccountRight operates in the background, if a wage category has been used on a timesheet for an employee that particular wage category would not be able to be deselected from them. I’m not currently aware of any plans to change how that works, however, I have passed on your feedback.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

jhp
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Tracey,

It would be wonderful if there was a solution for this down the track. Even if there was a way of 'hiding' pay categories within an employee card file. So they are still there but hidden so they don't show up when entering timesheets ?

Spell/grammar check would also be a great function on MYOB Community... lol 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi jhp 

At this stage you can only make categories inactive, however, that would apply to all employees so wouldn't solve your problem. We do appreciate your feedback and I have passed it on.

The Community forum does have spell check:

becw1
      User

Hi! I just wanted to add that this is an issue we are having as well with employees once they get promoted and have new payroll categories. It would be good if in the future there would be a way to hide categories from an employee's card as needed so there's no risk of accidentally selecting an old category when entering a timesheet. 

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

HI becw1 

Thanks for your feedback, I've passed it on to the relevant teams.