Forum Discussion

Enmark
User
4 years ago
Solved

Employee loan repayment not included in Gross Payments (YTD)

I'm currently going through the EOFY Finalisation process and note that gross wages to report are being understated. There's an employee who repaid a loan in a pay run via the Deduction/Advance Repayment payroll category and this repayment is now being deducted from his Gross Wages so that his Gross Payments (YTD) is being understated by this repayment amount.

I'm unsure if this can be corrected in any way or whether I need to process an amending pay run for him so that his gross pay will be reported correctly.  Looking at the Deduction/Advance Repayment payroll category I can see that the Tax box was ticked in the Exempt field. 

Cheers  Stephen

• Hi Enmark 

Any payroll categories that have been assigned to Gross Payments but are  exempted from PAYG Withholding will not be reported through STP. Therefore, please check if PAYG should be exempt or not from this loan repayment with an accounting advisor. If you untick the exempt option, and process a $0 pay, the figures would be updated correctly. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Enmark 

Any payroll categories that have been assigned to Gross Payments but are  exempted from PAYG Withholding will not be reported through STP. Therefore, please check if PAYG should be exempt or not from this loan repayment with an accounting advisor. If you untick the exempt option, and process a $0 pay, the figures would be updated correctly. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Nag
      Experienced Partner

I am having the same issue in Essentials. The employee loan payment is not included in the gross income being reported to the ato via stp. The deduction is marked as not reportable and to be deducted after tax is calulated. Tried changing it to before tax and running a nil pay but that did not help. This payroll category is not allocated to gross payments with no PAYG WH as suggested in the solution - it is a deduction. The solution offered does work for leave loading but not for deductions.

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Nag 

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. 

Can you please confirm if you managed to resolve your enquiry? If not, we do recommend checking out End of Payroll year resources.

Please do not hesitate to post if the issue is still unresolved.