Forum Discussion

yoshu
Trusted User
11 months ago
Solved

EOFY Finalisation

Hi,

On the EOFY finalisation page, one employee's Gross YTD doesn't match my MYOB Report. The PAYG witholding amount is correct, Super guarantee is correct. This gross YTD $ is missing overtime, unused leave on termination and other paid leave. But when I looked at the YTD report (by clicking on the 3 dots), all the amounts are there. So why is it not showing on the Gross YTD? All other employees' report is correct. How do I fix this?

• Hi yoshu 

If the figures under EOFY Finalisation tab for Gross YTD amount doesn't match your report is because all the wages that are reported as Gross Payments only will show in Gross YTD amount. Under EOFY Finalisation tab, against the employee name there is three dots there that will show the Individual Summary Payments as the breakdown of other pay items that is not reported as Gross Payments. If you add these Gross YTD to the Verification Report, everything should match. We also recommend checking the ATO Reporting Category for every pay item you used to make sure they were assigned correctly.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
    Doreen

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • we are having the same issue as yoshu and its not consistent through out the employees.  We have employees that have been paid exactly the same and the Gross YTD dosnt match the MYOB report for just a couple of the employees.  All of our report totals that need to match each other do.  And we are compliant with STP2 payroll categories.  Is this a glitch in myob?  Does this matter?

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi All

Thanks for your post.

Kindly check the Payroll Register and Payroll Activity Summary report if those two report match. You may also check the Individual Summary report which you can find in Single Touch Payroll Reporting > EOFY Finalisation tab > Against each employee, there is a three dots that you can click then select View summary report (PDF), this is the breakdown of other pay items that is not reported as Gross Payments. If you add these Gross YTD to the Verification Report, everything should match. Lastly, check the ATO Reporting Category for each pay item that you used to make sure they were assigned correctly. Once checked, please send an update event as this ensures the ATO will receive the up to date figures of your employees.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best regards,
      Doreen

ams88
        Experienced Cover User

Glad I'm not the only one, I too have one employee with overtime not included in the Gross YTD figure.  Same overtime payroll category as other employees so reporting category not the issue.

The Gross payments YTD figure is out only by this employees overtime.  Checked the employee summary report & is showing the overtime so it has been reported to the ATO.  All other payroll reports match up and are accurate.

So is this just simply another glitch with MYOB.....why????

After reading these other posts, i'll take it as I can finalise, have to do payrun tomorrow for the new year so can not wait.

yoshu
      Trusted User

Hi home_girl2502 ,

So glad there are others with same issues. I was freaking out. From above replies, I gather if the YTD figure matches the payroll summary then we are good. 

SDuddy
      Experienced User

home_girl2502 I noticed this with my finalisation and I think it was because we had some people who ceased employment before we transitioned to STP2 when they suddenly decided that leave payments were no longer part of gross.  Very confusing!  And again, would be useful if the MYOB summary reports matched the STP2 categories because I was individually checking a lot of staff just to be sure.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi yoshu 

If the figures under EOFY Finalisation tab for Gross YTD amount doesn't match your report is because all the wages that are reported as Gross Payments only will show in Gross YTD amount. Under EOFY Finalisation tab, against the employee name there is three dots there that will show the Individual Summary Payments as the breakdown of other pay items that is not reported as Gross Payments. If you add these Gross YTD to the Verification Report, everything should match. We also recommend checking the ATO Reporting Category for every pay item you used to make sure they were assigned correctly.

Best regards,
    Doreen

yoshu
      Trusted User

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for your prompt reply. It is just bizarre the YTD Gross figure doesnt match for just 1 employee. The payroll catgories used are same for all employees (except for the termination pay for this emloyee). They are all paid overtime and other paid leave and this is showing for them on their YTD Gross figure but just not for this particular employee! I checked the YTD verification report and the total salary and wages figure matches that on payroll summary report. Does this mean I do not need to correct anything and just carry on with the finalisation as per normal?

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi yoshu 

Thanks for your reply. 

You may check the ATO Reporting Category for every pay item that you used for this employee. Also, please check the Payroll Register and Activity Summary Report to make sure they match too. If it is matching, then you're all good. You can carry on with the finalisation as the usual.

Best regards,

Doreen

afile
      Experienced User

STP2 is the ATO, but the tools we have to implement is MYOB