Forum Discussion

RoxyAtButtery
Experienced Cover User
10 months ago

Income Statement errors - STP

Hi ... got a largish problem. The problem ... the Income Statement for employee A and employee B have both been lodged under employee A with the correct Employee IDs ... I think this means that Employee B has no Income Statement but still waiting to hear back from them (they have since resigned). Our MYOB file is correct though. I think the cause was a data entry error from last year when employee B commenced employment with us - unfortunately employee A's TFN was entered into employee B's card (they have very similar names). It has been corrected but nothing I now do will remove employee B's Income Statement from employee A. I tried entered a zero dollar no transaction pay run for them both dated 30.6.2023 and also tried entering further net zero dollar pay transactions with offsetting pay lines and then entered further transactions to reverse them - all dated 30.6.2023 to return the income to the correct amounts but none of my approaches have worked. How can I move Employee B's Income Statement from Employee A to Employee B? Please help!

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RoxyAtButtery

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Apologies for the delay in responding. We appreciate your effort in flagging this to us, and we are thankful for your patience and understanding on this matter. 

Thank you for explaining the details of your concern about your employee statement. In this matter, some reasons why it happens is if you have the same information on your payroll details. You will need to check the payroll details if they have the same information, and you may check if you file it to the ATO incorrectly. 

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers, 
    Leneth

RoxyAtButtery
      Experienced Cover User
      Hi Leneth_A, I already answered this in my original question. I will explain another way. The two employee cards are now both correct but they were not correct when they were originally set up. Employee A had their TFN entered correctly. Employee B had Employee A's TFN entered. Several payruns were processed before this was fixed. Employee B eventually had their TFN corrected, but both Employee A and Employee B's Income Statement are showing against Employee A. Our payroll records are correct but the Income Statements are not. I have tried multiple approaches but nothing appears to move Employee B's Income Statement to Employee B. Does the ATO need to fix this in their records directly? How do we request them to do this? Roxy.
        Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi RoxyAtButtery,  

Thanks for clarifying the issue, and apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate you taking the time to explain the issue.  

If the income statement is the issue and it is correct in MYOB, you would need to reach out to the ATO to fix this. Also, could you confirm if you already send update event? If yes, you would need to check your income statement to the ATO. 

Please let me know if you need further help.  

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.  

Cheers,  
        Leneth