Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Opening bank balances

I need to manually override the opening bank balances so that I can reset all bank balances to $0 starting April 1, 2023.     I have only been on Essentials a couple of months, and for the first two months we were just playing with the live data to learn the program and we didn't put in any bank balances at the start.  I have automatic bankfeed set up.   I can't change the opening bank balance on April 1, 2023 until I delete all transactions up to and including March 31st.    Is there a blanket re-set that I can do?   ie to make everything $0 at the end of March 31, and let me manually put in the opening balances on April 1st, 2023?    Please advise.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Thellie 

Thank you for your post. I'm glad to assist you with this. 

You can edit your opening balances by going to Accounting > > Chart of Accounts >> Click on Edit Account at the top. Note that your account opening balances are related to the opening balance date specified in your Business settings. That's why don't change your opening balances without discussing the implications with your accounting advisor. This Help Article, Entering opening balances, has helpful information that you can use as a guide for opening balances.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.