Forum Discussion

Laura85
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll Activity Summary is not producing correct PAYG Tax information in comparison to GL account

Hi there, I'm having a problem in producing a Payroll Activity Summary Report for period 01/01/2022 - 31/12/2022 from my server software. I need to reconcile GST and PAYG tax accounts for our end of the year audit but the Payroll Activity Summary is producing incorrect PAYG Tax figure to the balance on PAYG Tax Liability Acccount.

I'm little bit worried about this?

Payroll Activity Summary Report for period 01/01/2022 - 31/12/2022 Taxes: $891,167.00

General Ledger (Detail) PAYG Tax Liability Account 01/01/2022 - 31/12/2022 Taxes: $912,329.00

Variance here is $21,162.00... 

• Ahhh now I found it. The difference is all reversed pays!!! 

The GL Report produces the total debits and credits.

All solved!!! Thank you :D

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Laura85
    Trusted Cover User

I have this happening in two different company data files, the Payroll Activity Summary report is not producing information correctly.

JanetA
      Trusted Partner

Hi Laura,

Is the difference between the GL and the activity report the same as the PAYGW in December?  

Is it due to the liability being paid after 31/12/2022?

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Laura85 

This can also happen when another payroll category (such as Super Guarantee as an example) is set to use the same PAYG Tax Liability Account. Use Find Transactions to list all entries for the period and check the totals. Then perhaps check on a monthly basis comparing the Payroll report with the Find Transactions under you identify the cause for the variance.

Regards

Gavin