PeterLeonard
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Payroll categories - meaning of a tick box

What does this box do in Payroll Category:

"Automatically adjust Base Hourly or Base Salary Details"

• Hi PeterLeonard 

Thanks for your post. When that option is selected for a leave payroll category, the base hourly or salary will be automatically adjusted by the leave hours when processing a payrun.

For example, an employee's standard pay is 38 hours per week which is prefilled in Process payroll. When you enter leave hours, say 7.6 hours, the Base hourly hours will automatically change to 30.4 to ensure the employee isn't overpaid.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi PeterLeonard 

Thanks for your post. When that option is selected for a leave payroll category, the base hourly or salary will be automatically adjusted by the leave hours when processing a payrun.

For example, an employee's standard pay is 38 hours per week which is prefilled in Process payroll. When you enter leave hours, say 7.6 hours, the Base hourly hours will automatically change to 30.4 to ensure the employee isn't overpaid.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

PeterLeonard
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks Tracey.

I had hoped it was something different. We have people working on jobs with 2 different awards and it's difficult to work it out with only one base pay.