Forum Discussion

Wanabea
Contributing Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

SMSF SETUP WITH EMPLOYEE MEMBERSHIP NUMBER

Hi, one of our employees has given me his SMSF details so I've updated his details in MYOB. Does he require to have an Employee Membership number entered in MYOB?

• Hi Wanabea

Although the SMSF may not have issued the employee with a membership number, AccountRight will require that he have a membership number entered in on his card. As long as there was a unique membership number entered it will pass the validation checks within AccountRight and allow the payment to be submitted.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi Wanabea

Although the SMSF may not have issued the employee with a membership number, AccountRight will require that he have a membership number entered in on his card. As long as there was a unique membership number entered it will pass the validation checks within AccountRight and allow the payment to be submitted.

Wanabea
      Contributing Cover User

thanks Neil, so if i just put number 1, that would be ok?

Neil_M
        Former Staff

Hi Wanabea

If at all possible, I’d try and make the membership number unique amongst each employee. So instead of just “1” try and make them more unique like “1001”, “1002” and so forth. This will help avoid any issues of AccountRight detecting that the same membership number is used by multiple employees