Forum Discussion

Uniquip
Experienced User
8 months ago
Solved

STP recorded as an Update Event instead of a Pay Event

Hi,

I ran our usual payroll for our staff for the week ending 26/10.  However, the following day, my collegue ran an additional pay run for a single employee that had been missed from the run.  The payroll date was recorded at 26/10 so resulted in an Update Event report via STP reporting to the ATO.

The STP Reporting list shows the value of the addtional pay run as being $0 (screenshot attached).  However when I run the Employee YTD Report from the listing it shows the correct amount of the processed pay run along with the tax withheld of $17.

My issue is that now I am about to lodge my PAYG report with the ATO through the portal for the October period and the balance of my Payroll Activity report does not match with the reported total that the ATO is showing ($17 short).  My Payroll Activity report for the month has included the withheld tax amount from the additional pay run but the STP ATO reported total for the month is less that one pay run amount ($17).

How do I ensure that the correct reporting amount and also ensure the amount of tax withheld for this particular employee will be reported to the ATO correctly?  Do I just edit the total PAYG amount to match my Payroll Activity Report within the ATO portal?  Do I need to do an adjusment or correction within MYOB? Please help!!

• Hi Uniquip,

Thanks for your reply and my apologies for the late response. You have the option to manually edit the amount on the ATO Portal, though it's advisable to contact the ATO beforehand. Confirming the figures they have on their end can ensure alignment and accuracy before making any adjustments. This proactive step helps maintain consistency and avoids potential discrepancies in your records.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
    Regards,
    Earl

6 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Uniquip

Thanks for your post.

If a pay run that has been processed has a date in the past, it will ask you if it's a new pay run or an updated one. If you choose that it will be an updated pay run, most likely what will happen is that, when you check the STP reports, the pay run shows as $0. Since you are $17 short, we recommend checking your Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports to see if the figures match. Also, please check each payroll category used to make sure everything is assigned to the correct ATO reporting category. For further information, you may check the Help Article: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Doreen

Uniquip
      Experienced User

Hi Doreen,

I have checked the Activity Summary and Payroll register and both totals match and include the $17 withheld in the first pay run for this employee. 

My issue is that the $17 has not been reported to the ATO and the balance payable for the October period is $17 short in the ATO portal. As I mentioned below somehow pay was run as an update (unsure how this is selected) and recorded as a $0 in the report generated to the ATO even though the details of the pay run indicate gross, tax and net amounts (as per my previous attachments)

Would I just edit the total payable to the ATO for this PAYG period to include the $17 seeing as the YTD totals in MYOB are correct for this employee?  Then it will match with the amount withheld from the employee based on the reports.

I have checked the payroll categories assigned to the employee and they are all in order and correct.

Thank you

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Uniquip,

Thanks for your reply and my apologies for the late response. You have the option to manually edit the amount on the ATO Portal, though it's advisable to contact the ATO beforehand. Confirming the figures they have on their end can ensure alignment and accuracy before making any adjustments. This proactive step helps maintain consistency and avoids potential discrepancies in your records.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
        Regards,
        Earl

JW27
    Experienced Cover User

Hi Earl,

Can you help out I have processed my pay as usual on the Desktop and was ready to process it it but then I remembered I had to add something in one of the employee and I had cancelled and I did not click on the the question but by doing this all the pay run I did today did not go through to the ATO how do I go about in sending the pay run to ATO. 

I have gone through the help re process but cant see the wording send to ATO.

Hope you can help out.

Many Thanks Jen 

• Hi Uniquip ,  did you get this issue sorted?

I have EXACTLY the same issue.  One payrun from October and one from May both showing $0.  Payroll summary amount correct but STP report and ATO are minus $2777 as haven't included the 2 payrun amounts.  Anyone have the solution so I can fix before EOFY when I need to finalise STP.