Forum Discussion

precision
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

SUPERANNUATION PAYMENTS

Hi 

I have a staff member who has had change of name and kept the same superannuation details.

When I go to pay her superannuation payment there is an error notice "This superfund member number is also used by (previous name). Please enter a unique number for each employee"

The staff member confirms that she is still using the number under her previous name.

How do I process her superannuation?

Thanks and regards

Janet

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Janet (precision)

Thank you for your post. Generally, this error would occur if there are 2 cards for 1 employee. When they changed their name - did you perhaps create a new card instead of editing the name on the existing employee card?

If that is the case, then you would need to reinstate the original employee card, delete any pay runs since creating the new card, re-record the pay runs, then inactivate the newer one.

Once this is done then the system will no longer identify that 2 Employee Cards contain the same Superfund information.

Here is our Help Article on that process in case you get stuck: Reinstating an employee.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

precision
      Contributing Cover User

HI Samara

I followed the instructions given however, I now receive the following message when paying this employees super "You need to enter an employee membership number for this employee" and "You need to enter a valid employee membership number for this employee"

I am using the orginal employee card with the same superannuation details which have previously been accepted.

Not sure what to do now?

Best Regards

Janet

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Janet (precision)

Thanks for checking that. As the error is mentioning the fund membership number, I recommend contacting the super fund themselves to confirm there hasn't been a change in details and ensure the membership number is correctly entered.

If they confirm the details are all correct, please attach a screenshot of the error message in your reply and the fund's name/USI so we can assist you further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.