Forum Discussion

CheyenneK
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

update taxtable 2021/2022

I have Myob Account Right 2021.4.24 (latest update) desktop and have installed  STP for this coming fin year. I thought I would check how the payrun would be done. I clicked on "next"  after changing pay period, it came up with "unable to update taxtables" .  If my system is updated with the lastest version of MYOB AccountRight why is this showing when it should be automatic.  Cheyenne

• Hi CheyenneK 

Thanks for your post. AccountRight 2020.3.1 and later versions automatically update the tax tables for the payment date of the pay being processed.

Could you upload a screenshot of the Process Payroll>>Employee Pays window showing the Payment Date and Tax table revision date?

Are you using your file online or offline?

Could you check that the language settings in Windows is the correct region of Australia:

1. Close all programs, click the start button
    2. Type control panel
    3. Click the control panel app
    4. Click change date, time, or number formats
    5. In the region window, make sure the format is correct as: English (Australia)
    6. The short date should then be d/MM/yyyy
    7. Click Apply, and OK
    8. Check the date/time on the bottom right. this should now be AU format

If this still doesn't work, could you please let me know the last 4 digits of your serial number and company file ID (Help>>About AccountRight) and I can investigate this further for you.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CheyenneK 

Thanks for your post. AccountRight 2020.3.1 and later versions automatically update the tax tables for the payment date of the pay being processed.

Could you upload a screenshot of the Process Payroll>>Employee Pays window showing the Payment Date and Tax table revision date?

Are you using your file online or offline?

Could you check that the language settings in Windows is the correct region of Australia:

1. Close all programs, click the start button
    2. Type control panel
    3. Click the control panel app
    4. Click change date, time, or number formats
    5. In the region window, make sure the format is correct as: English (Australia)
    6. The short date should then be d/MM/yyyy
    7. Click Apply, and OK
    8. Check the date/time on the bottom right. this should now be AU format

If this still doesn't work, could you please let me know the last 4 digits of your serial number and company file ID (Help>>About AccountRight) and I can investigate this further for you.

CheyenneK
    Experienced Cover User

Good afternoon Yanike,

Great news - checked all you had asked to do and more (Date Time - Location),.... and found where the little blighter was wrong :) - in the Date,Time,Formats section the Region was not showing English(Australia) of which it shows that now. Then I restarted the whole computer and went back into Myob to check the "Pay Employee" and YES YES YES :) it had changed tax table revision date to 1/07/2021.  Way to go Yanike. :)

Thank You Yanike for showing the way.  Really appreciate your professionalism on this matter.  Love your work.

Thanks Again  

Cheyenne