Forum Discussion

Sylvia900
Contributing User
5 years ago
Solved

General Ledger (detail) report to include GST column

Hello.  I need to provide financial figures on an expense account that includes the GST included for each item.  I have tried the insert/modify tab but there is not option to include the column for the GST amount.  Can anyone help or suggest a work around please?

• Hi Sylvia900 

The General Ledger Report is designed to show the value that has been recorded against the desired account.

In terms of tax, this is portioned out at the time of recording the transaction and will not go against the allocation account thus will not be shown in the report for that allocation account. For example, say a sales transaction was $110 including GST, AccountRight will record $100 to the income account and $10 to the GST linked account. As the General Ledger report is looking at the values against the account if you look at that income account it will list the value as $100. The GST linked account will show as $10 in the General Ledger report.

In terms of finding a report that will show that information, the information is contained on the General Ledger Detail report, just the other side of the transaction i.e. the bank account. Alternatively, you would be looking at  a report that will show the whole transaction amount such as the Sales Register Detail or Purchase Register Detail or the Bank Register report as an example.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Sylvia900 

The General Ledger Report is designed to show the value that has been recorded against the desired account.

In terms of tax, this is portioned out at the time of recording the transaction and will not go against the allocation account thus will not be shown in the report for that allocation account. For example, say a sales transaction was $110 including GST, AccountRight will record $100 to the income account and $10 to the GST linked account. As the General Ledger report is looking at the values against the account if you look at that income account it will list the value as $100. The GST linked account will show as $10 in the General Ledger report.

In terms of finding a report that will show that information, the information is contained on the General Ledger Detail report, just the other side of the transaction i.e. the bank account. Alternatively, you would be looking at  a report that will show the whole transaction amount such as the Sales Register Detail or Purchase Register Detail or the Bank Register report as an example.