Forum Discussion

woodmanz
Contributing User
12 months ago

GST RETURN OPTIONS SET UP "CASH" or "INVOICE" METHOD

In the GST Return repoort options -their is NO facility to SET THE DEFAULT  ACCOUNTING BASIS  IE 

"INVOICE" or "CASH"

As these are set by the company with IRD -- I would have thought this a standard option facility -

Can anyone point me to the solution please ?

(Its a nightmare if discovered AFTER FILING  !! )

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

HI woodmanz 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource. And sorry for that experience. 

In this case, you can use the GST Tax function to fill out and file a GST service. Before you prepare your GST Return, you should double check some information. You can check on this Help Article: Prepare your GST Return (New Zealand only)

If further assistance is required. Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

woodmanz
      Contributing User

goodmorning Celia--thanks for participating- 

Yes your comments  are the general method of processing the GST return  however -my discussion was on the 

abilty to "lock in" the "type of GST method" INv or cash -- as a SETUP option..

In our challange of accuracy a fundamental tenent -is to minimise the chances of errors-- which tend in this case for example  to occur when someones on hiloday or somesort of "change" to norm 

I have worked with many programmes -and many have in the GST programme SET UP the option to lock in the CASH basis or INVOICE  basis--which is logical -(and helpful) cuts out a step in the process  and is set up to suit the IRD agreement ...  

Am I in the correct area ? I did see an area "ideas"  -- but was unable to figure out how to enter it  (any hints there?)

Cheers

woodmanz
      Contributing User

Celia    I have been looking at options in the programme  and it struck me that the SOLUTION is this!!

CREATE  A  "CUSTOM REPORT "

SO  I did! and I set it up and saved WITH THE "CASH OPTION"  populated   !!  

And I NAMED IT  "GST CASH BASIS"

AND I made it available to all authorised users  -- SO 

I believe I have  mitigated the option of selecting and processing GST  incorrectly -- 

Surprised no one proofeered that actually .. However its a fix 

cheers 

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi woodmanz 

Thank you for letting us know. It's great to hear that you had this resolved. Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. We are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess