Forum Discussion

LC500
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Multiple account balances incorrect

I have am a business owner who has relied on book keepers to manage my MYOB over approx 25 years.  We send the figures to the accountant once per year who does my tax. This year I decided to inspect ...
    Tracey_H
    3 years ago

Hi LC500 

I agree with your previous bookkeepers and if adjustment journals weren't provided by the accountant I asked for them too. I know some accountants don't think they're necessary and I don't want to disagree with your accountant. But, without them your file isn't accurate because not only are they for EOY adjustments like depreciation, they also correct any data entry errors. My question to my employers was 'Do you want your accountant to have the only correct financial record of your business?', just my opinion though.

So anyway, to resolve your receivables out of balance run the Receivables Reconciliation report, Reports>>Sales>>Receivables, for prior dates until you find when the out of balance occurred. So keep going back in dates until you get to nil out of balance, then move forward in small date periods until you find the date it occurred, You can then find the transaction that caused the issue.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.