Forum Discussion

Casperpng
Contributing User
2 years ago

Copy company files from one computer to another

Hi 

I just upgraded from Account Right 2020.3 to 2023.1

I have upgraded most pcs. Different pcs have different company files. I would like to standardise atleast 2 company files that should be available on all the pcs. 

There is also a new pc. For this pc, I ll install MYOB account right 2023.1

Given the above scenario, how do I copy files across from one pc to the next?

I did a backup on one pc and tried restoring on the new pc and it didn't work. Maybe I am not doing it right.

Also for the pcs with upgraded MYOB 2023.1, how do I copy files across them?

Cheers

Casper 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Casperpng 

When the company files are stored locally you can take a copy of the myox file from the respective library location on that one computer and paste it onto the library location of another. Help Article: Managing libraries outlines more information on library locations. 

An alternative to that would be to take a backup of the company file (File>>Backup) and then restore that file on the required computer. 

Casperpng
      Contributing User

Hi Steven_M 

Another option I was thinking of was to send invite to the other user. 

I checked under Setup to add a New User. However, I can't see the New User and New Advisor buttons. I also can't see 'This user will sign with a my.myob account '. I m not sure if I have done it correctly.

I am thinking of uploading the file to be online and the other users can access it online. I don't have the email address associated with the email address and password for it. Is it possible to send you the Serial number and you can check and advise?

Casper 

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Casperpng 

The company file is locally stored you would not have the Add Advisor or "This user will sign with a my.MYOB account" options as these are online options only.

If you are needing to add a user to an offline file you want to check out Help Article: Add a user to an offline file. Please note that adding a user to an offline file only grants them access to that file. They would still need access to a copy of the file to sign in. 

In terms of serial number sending due to privacy reasons, we are not allowed to send out serial numbers. However, the serial number of a company file can be located via opening that file and going Setup>>Company Information.