Forum Discussion

LucyAB
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Inviting our Accountant

I am trying to set up our Accountant so that they can access our file on line.   I phoned MYOB yesterday and have confirmed with the MYOB support team that our company file is showing as being on li...
    Steven_M
    4 years ago

Hi LucyAB 

From a support perspective, we can see if the serial number does have an online file. However, if you are using an offline file its a little ticker to tell at our end, especially if you have moved the file locally without getting it removed from the cloud. Although, the quick way to tell your perspective is that bar at the bottom of the screen (purple: local, green: online).

Just on that similar vein, you did mention that you are looking at uploading that file to the cloud. Normally you would do this via the File>>Go Online (Upload this file) option. Note: you will need to use the AccountRight Live Owner's email address. In your case, as you already have that online company file the process may be slightly different for you. My recommendation would be go to Help>>About AccountRight and get the company file ID. Is that ID 1? If so, you would be looking at taking a backup of the offline file (File>>Backup) Once that backup has been saved, you would go to File>>Restore and select to Restore Online using AccountRight Live. This will take that offline file and restore it into the cloud so you can invite your accountant and/or other users.

In terms of password recovery the process is a little different for offline and online files. Although, MYOB data file repair services outlines the prices and the service for that.