KayVeron
Partner
10 years ago
Done

Sales: Time Billing - Notes field 255 characters

At the moment I can only enter 255 characters but can continue typing until I go to save the invoice. Instead of finding out I have too many characters when saving, it would be helpful if it is not possible to type anything further after the 255 characters, or if when exceeding the characters it automatically rolls over to a new line,  thanks.

"Timbilling invoice note field"

7 Comments

Liam_M
    Former Staff
    Status removed:
    New

Thank you for your suggestion KayVeron. There isn't a notes field as such on invoices in AccountRight. Are you referring to the notes field o the customer card, or the description or memo field on an invoice? Are you referring to the notes field in MYOB Essentials sales invoices?

• Liam_M 

Clarification needed.  Sorry I was referring to the sales invoices in AccountRight Premier latest upgrades.

Liam_M
    Former Staff

Thank you for the clarification KayVeron. In AccountRight Premier's latest upgrade, there isn't a notes field on sales invoices. Do you mean the description field?

Liam_M
    Former Staff
    Status added:
    Open

Sorry, KayVeron.  I understand now. Yes, when entering a time billing invoice, the notes field will allow you to enter more than 255 characters, but won't save with 255 characters. This could certainly be handled better by the software. Anyone who would like to see this corrected, please cast your vote here.

• This annomaly occurs in many fields - instead of limiting you to a certain no of characters, MYOB keeps letting you type and then you have to guess how much of that type you need to delete before allowing you to move to the next field. eg just off the top of my head -  invoice no, purhcase no. and account name in payment details screen - but there are others. Its very annoying and time consuming that the software limits you in the first place (especially in description and notes fields), but since there are limits, doesnt stop you from typing once this limit is reached.