Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Bank Feeds: Search/Find invoice numbers easily in the Bank Feed Screen

Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Loving the Control, Shift F function in AccountRight Live - Wow what a great feature MYOB.

Would be great to have the same function work in the BANK FEED screen.   I have a client that sends out hundreds of subscriptions orders for the same amount and the subscribers businesses have very similar names.   The subscribers pay detailing their order number (invoice number) on the payments.  

I have been using the Control, Shift F Function through the sales register to locate the order number easily and apply the payment to the correct subscriber however I have to go between the two screens.    It would be great if MYOB could incorporate the sales/purchase register into the Bank Feeds screen, with the ability for the screen to stay displayed on the page.   Perhaps sitting to the right hand side of the Bank Feed screen.   Having the ability to close down the  the sales/purchase register screen if you dont want it displayed.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

I'm excited to announce that with the release of AccountRight 2017.2 the option of Advanced Search has been added to the Customer List in Recieve Payments. This will allow the user to search for the invoice number, customer or total of the invoice to make payment on it.  

This Advanced Search option will also appear on Recieve Payments transactions from Bank Feeds.

Attachment.PNG

You can find out more information about this and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

24 Comments
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@Liam_M

@CloudMindAcc

@Suji_P

Hi All,

Well, it's been just about 1 year since I raised this issue and 2 since this duplicate was first raised...

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Bank-Feeds-Search-Find-invoice-numbers-easil...

Last March I sat and listened to @TimReed talk about how the priority of the development team was to impliment fixes and enhancements that make our life easier and our work flow smoother.

Can you give us any information about what is going on, it's been a long while since I have seen any changes that have fixed any work flow issues.

Thanks,

Alan

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@nondiscrypt

@Suja_P

@TimReed

Hi Sharon,

I like your thinking, however I asked for something similar 1 year ago and some one else 2 years ago, so please don't hold your breath waiting.

You may also like to look at the following requests:

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Search-by-invoice-number-in-bank-feeds/idc-p...

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Bank-Feeds-Search-Find-invoice-numbers-easil...

I have voted for your suggestion as it is way beyond time that these simple requests by the people who acutually use the software were addressed.  They say that their development focus is to improve work flow but to date all I have seen is talk.

Regards,

Alan

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Sharon (@nondiscrypt),

Thank you for your post and the detailed description of the impact of having the ability to search for invoices in the Bank Feeds window. I agree that having this ability would not only save valuable time, it would also make the reconciliation process a lot easier.

As Alan pointed out, this is something that others using the Bank Feeds feature have requested in the past and has been brought to the attention of our developers.

Hi Alan (@AlanT),

Thank you for your post and feedback. You are right in that this year our focus has been on workflow and performance improvements in AccountRight. We've fixed various known issues and bugs and have made workflow improvements in our recent updates. More information on these updates is available on the AccountRight blog.

We value product suggestions made by our customers and partners on the Idea Exchange boards. And these, especially the more popular ones, are given serious consideration by our developers when making decisions regarding our roadmap. However these are only a section of what infuences the team's decision making process. Therefore some ideas are able to be implemented sooner than others.

That said I have brought this particular idea to the attention of our AccountRight Product Manager and will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

I appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Regards,

Suja

AaronWhite
Experienced User
27 Posts
Experienced User

Great idea!, even if there were a simple search under "New > Receive Payments", then you have the choice of either entering the customer name or Invoice number.

Some of our customers payments just show a Bank Account Number not their name, and then just their invoice number.

I agree the automatic matching would be great, but I would imagine that MYOB would have a strugle matching some fields, if a space is added in the wrong place or something, hence why a manual lookup would also help! Smiley Happy

Tanya_Spence
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Definitely need this or something similar.  As it stands you need to search outside the bank feeds window to identify the customer when applying a payment with the invoice as reference.  I would also like to see it be a bit more intuitive and bring up suggestions based on the amount paid.  Perhaps a search function in the dropdown of bank feeds where you can search for invoice number or amount??

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@Tanya_Spence

Hi Tanya,

Have you used MYOB Essentials?  It does bank feeds so much better than ARL.

Typing in a drop down field matches a string to any position in the field, not just the start of a field and it searches *all* fields, not just the customer name.

Alan

Tanya_Spence
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks Alan, I only have a couple of clients on Essentials but the majority of my clients are on Accountright.  That sounds wonderful and exactly what they need to bring into Accountright.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@Suja_P @Liam_M Just revisiting this post from many moons ago.    This is all we really want to be able to do the search in the bank feeds screen (without darting all over the place to get the information).  Would improve work flow a lot.   Example below there is even a blank space for itSmiley Wink

If you could put a search invoice number function within the screen that stays on the screen until you refresh or search again.   This way users can click straight onto the "receive payment" and select the customer.   Also include order numbers as well in the search criteria 

@AlanT do you agree is this what you want as well.   I am surprised there is not many votes thus far.

Search Invoice Number.jpg

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@CloudMindAcc

@Liam_M

@Kelly81

@Suja_P

@Andy10

@Dale

@Dale_Dixon_

@TimR_

@TimReed

Hi Renae,

Actually, I'd prefer to see the option in the Receive Payments window as this would make the feature useful in more than just the Bank Feeds module.

This would allow you to find what invoice the payment is for by selecting either the customer name or the invoice number without having to pop up the <CTRL>F window and juggling two windows at once.

Having found the customer that the invoice number relates to, it still should list the other invoices for that customer.

RecPayment.png

Too often MYOB add a 'feature' in one place but don't follow through so that it applies everywhere.  It would be good if they did some genuine user testing *before* releasing a 'work in progress' feature, then listern to and acting upon the feed back from real users, not just their programmers who don't actually have to make a living out of *using* the software.

Regards,

Alan

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@Liam_M @Suja_P @AlanT  I agree the search function would be even better where Alan has suggested Smiley Very Happy