Forum Discussion

4 months ago
Solved

Import Error - 19 - Unbalanced Transaction

I am trying to import an Excel but it comes up with Import Error -19 unbalanced transaction which has some random numbers included in the report that I haven't entered in the data file anywhere. I have tried and checked everything but don't understand what's wrong. Please help

I unberstand the Error No -19 part but what are the other numbers and why is this showing unbalanced as all my records(each line) are similar in all aspects but it is showing error only for one entry.

• Thank you so much for your response. I figured out that spend money transactions have to go in as a journal that is it should be a two liner. I was importing it in one line like purchases transaction that's why it was not working.

It is a lot of manual work to manipulate data to split it into two lines and separate GST and Exclusive amounts. Is there a way it can go in as a one line transaction as in purchases?

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi WardahMirza

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties in importing a transaction file. Generally, this import error code means your debit and credit do not match. I recommend checking the data on the import file to see if there are more than 3 decimal place values that cause them to not match. 

If the issue persists after checking, feel free to attach the error log and the import file. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,

Genreve

WardahMirza
      User

Thank you so much for your response. I figured out that spend money transactions have to go in as a journal that is it should be a two liner. I was importing it in one line like purchases transaction that's why it was not working.

It is a lot of manual work to manipulate data to split it into two lines and separate GST and Exclusive amounts. Is there a way it can go in as a one line transaction as in purchases?

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi WardahMirza

Thanks for your response.

I understand the need to make this feature more convenient. Unfortunately, this can't be done by using the importing system as the import files need to be in a certain format to work. If you are just creating one transaction at a time, it's best to just manually record it from the application. 

Let us know if you require further assistance. 

Thanks,
        Genreve