Forum Discussion

CTeni
User
2 months ago

Importing bulk updates - to change the sales person in card file

Bulk Upload template to update a sales person in card file under customer - I have tried several times but it doesn't update does accountright have this option? 

Or do we have to manually update these 

Any in sight would be appreciated 

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CTeni,

Thanks for your post.

The ability to import data to update a salesperson in the card file can be done in AccountRight. You can check the Help Articles: Import and export fields and Importing data for more information. If after following the steps provided from the Help Articles was not able to resolve your concern, please send us a screenshot if there's any error message while importing data. Make sure to remove any sensitive information before posting in the Forum.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

CTeni
      User

Thank you for the update.

It appears the "Salesperson"field does not update.

I have tested this in the testing site "Clearwater"  - I updated the "Sale comment and Shipping method" fields and these work. However not the "Salesperson" field. 

It appears there are two fields for a "Sales person" and "Salesperson Card ID"

Refer to the attached file upload below.

Have I missed something from the template?

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi CTeni,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. When importing, we advise matching the name of a supplier card in the card file. If the entry in the primary supplier field includes non-alphanumeric characters, it will be disregarded.

Moreover, the entry in the Primary Supplier field should follow this format: <Co/Last name>, <First name>. For individual primary suppliers, the card is exported as <Last Name>, <First Name>. For company primary suppliers, it's exported as <Company Name>.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to happy help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
        Earl